The American Republic

A mock government site designed to give political fanatics, not-so-fanatical-but-politically-knowledgeable, and politically interested people a place to learn about government and experience it firsthand (well, sort of).

You are not connected. Please login or register

Primary Committee

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Primary Committee Empty Primary Committee on Thu Jul 26, 2012 7:40 pm

Christopher S.

Christopher S.
Administrator
Administrator
In accordance with the wishes of the Speaker, this Committee shall debate H.R. 2., which reads:

PROVISIONAL GOVERNMENT
Committee: Primary Committee
Principal Author: Representative Christopher S.
Bill No: H.R. 2
Delegation:
Title of Bill: An Act to Restore Order

BE IT ENACTED BY THE PROVISIONAL GOVERNMENT

Preamble: Where as this Nation is just coming out of Anarchy and is still in a dire state, and since Anarchists have recently been creating chaos in Wisconsin, and since the local Law Enforcement officials are not able to quell the violence, and since the violence is a grave threat to the life of this nation,
SECTION 1: This act may be cited as, "Restoration Act".
SECTION 2: The Writ of Habeus Corpus shall be suspended.
SECTION 3: The Department of Homeland Security shall be given the ability to--
Sub-SECTION A: Send Military forces to quell riots and any violence that the local Law Enforcement cannot effectively deal with, at the request of the State Governor.
Sub-SECTION B: Appoint Generals to lead such forces.
Sub-SECTION C: Establish Military courts to prosecute and punish any violent criminals which they capture. The punishment shall be--
(A) Imprisonment up until the powers in this bill are revoked.
SECTION 4: If the Department of Homeland Security wishes to give the death penalty to a criminal they have captured, they must bring the case to the appropriate State Criminal Court. The Court shall decide the guilt of the detainee and determine if the death penalty shall be applied.
SECTION 5: A grant of 70 million dollars shall be given to each State Governor. This grant may be used only for strengthening the Law Enforcement of each state.
SECTION 6: H. R. 3200, known as "America’s Affordable Health Choices Act of 2009", is hereby repealed.
SECTION 7: Federal spending upon anything other than the Departments of Homeland Security, Defense, the Treasury, Justice, Commerce, and Energy, is hereby frozen until this bill is repealed. All funding shall be diverted to the above-mentioned Departments.
SECTION 8: This bill shall go into effect 2 days after passage.

Since I am the author of this Bill, if you have any questions about it, let me know.

Appointees to Primary Committee:
Representative Christopher S.
Representative Samuel X.
Representative Jon David
Representative Heather M.
Representative Sky-opera
Representative Cyrus Smith

http://mockgovamerica.forumotion.com

2Primary Committee Empty Re: Primary Committee on Fri Jul 27, 2012 11:29 am

sky-opera

sky-opera
I will start the ball rolling here. Smile

I agree with I think everything in this bill, because that is the state of the union.
There really is no union, just chaos, because of the corruption of the last government of
the United States.
Therefore I see that all of the above is necessary. I also think the most needed form of
good government will be the courts, because of the multitude of decisions to be made
regarding people's private property etc.

Here are a couple suggestions of things I would add:

I would add that we outlaw abortion, because the establishment of the sanctity of life should be a first priority.

Secondly that it would maintain the postal system.

And finally, that it would take any excess funds to pay off all foreign debts and buy back American soil that was sold to foreign countries.

3Primary Committee Empty Re: Primary Committee on Fri Jul 27, 2012 12:38 pm

gmx0

gmx0
High Moderator
High Moderator
Samuel X? Cool. Cool But the technical term is Samx Razz

Since no Democrat/Liberal NRC has been appointed, none shall write on this thread. But they will oppose, of course.

Also, please specify what abortion is, so no loopholing. Late term, birth control, etc.

I'm good with it.

http://www.neogenerationgames.webs.com

4Primary Committee Empty Re: Primary Committee on Fri Jul 27, 2012 1:23 pm

sky-opera

sky-opera
gmx0 wrote:Samuel X? Cool. Cool But the technical term is Samx Razz

Since no Democrat/Liberal NRC has been appointed, none shall write on this thread. But they will oppose, of course.

Also, please specify what abortion is, so no loopholing. Late term, birth control, etc.

I'm good with it.

Abortion: Any interference in a pregnancy to destroy or "prevent" pregnancy.

Regardless of the medical term for what is being destroyed anything that becomes a human life in any form whether deformed or malfunctioning or not, shall be protected and not destroyed or mutated. The intent: the protection of human life.

5Primary Committee Empty Re: Primary Committee on Wed Aug 01, 2012 7:04 am

gmx0

gmx0
High Moderator
High Moderator
sky-opera wrote:
gmx0 wrote:Samuel X? Cool. Cool But the technical term is Samx Razz

I'm good with it.

Abortion: Any interference in a pregnancy to destroy or "prevent" pregnancy.

Regardless of the medical term for what is being destroyed anything that becomes a human life in any form whether deformed or malfunctioning or not, shall be protected and not destroyed or mutated. The intent: the protection of human life.
I meant in the bill.

Also, I think we should specify when the Writ of Habeus Corpus can be reinstated, after an objective, perhaps?

6Primary Committee Empty Re: Primary Committee on Wed Aug 01, 2012 1:35 pm

Christopher S.

Christopher S.
Administrator
Administrator
Well, not much argumentation in this committee... Wink

*back in character*

At this moment in time, we have a rather dire hostage situation. The police cannot do anything about it, a group has gone vigilante in order to get things done and we are sitting here doing nothing. If we do not act now, I fear that the anarchy and vigilantism will spread throughout the nation again.
So, I move that we accept the bill with the following amendment:

PROVISIONAL GOVERNMENT
Delegation:

Preamble: Where as this Nation is just coming out of Anarchy and is still in a dire state, and since Anarchists have recently been creating chaos in Wisconsin, and since the local Law Enforcement officials are not able to quell the violence, and since the violence is a grave threat to the life of this nation,
Sub-SECTION A: Send Military forces to quell riots and any violence that the local Law Enforcement cannot effectively deal with, at the request of the State Governor.
Sub-SECTION C: Establish Military courts to prosecute and punish any violent criminals which they capture. The punishment shall be--
SECTION 4: If the Department of Homeland Security wishes to give the death penalty to a criminal they have captured, they must bring the case to the appropriate State Criminal Court. The Court shall decide the guilt of the detainee and determine if the death penalty shall be applied.
SECTION 5: A grant of 70 million dollars shall be given to each State Governor. This grant may be used only for strengthening the Law Enforcement of each state.
SECTION 6: H. R. 3200, known as "America’s Affordable Health Choices Act of 2009", is hereby repealed.
SECTION 7: Federal spending upon anything other than the Departments of Homeland Security, Defense, the Treasury, Justice, Commerce, and Energy, is hereby frozen until this bill is repealed. All funding shall be diverted to the above-mentioned Departments.
SECTION 8: All forms of Abortion shall be illegal in this Nation.
Sub-SECTION A: Abortion shall be defined as: any interference in a pregnancy to destroy or "prevent" pregnancy.
Sub-SECTION B: Abortion shall be punished in the same way murder is punished. This shall be according to the laws in place in the several states.
Sub-SECTION C: Any laws about abortion which are contrary to this bill are hereby repealed.
SECTION 9: This bill shall go into effect 2 days after passage.

7Primary Committee Empty Re: Primary Committee on Thu Aug 02, 2012 9:03 am

gmx0

gmx0
High Moderator
High Moderator
70,000,000 x 50 = 350,000,000 (!!!)

I want to amend it to 50 million.

*Note, we only have 1 billion left in the budget until ProGov ends. Sad

Can we put the bills that are not debated over at the House already?

8Primary Committee Empty Re: Primary Committee on Thu Aug 02, 2012 12:54 pm

sky-opera

sky-opera
gmx0 wrote:70,000,000 x 50 = 350,000,000 (!!!)

I accept that as a motion, and also second it to get this bill to the voting. Also I second the original amendment.

Debate will begin on this proposed amendment to the amendment.

If there is no debate today, my action will be to call it to a vote:
Therefore tomorrow, voting may take place on this bill.

9Primary Committee Empty Re: Primary Committee on Thu Aug 02, 2012 2:30 pm

Christopher S.

Christopher S.
Administrator
Administrator
I accept the amendment, and I ask that it be brought to the floor instantly.

10Primary Committee Empty Re: Primary Committee on Thu Aug 02, 2012 2:31 pm

Christopher S.

Christopher S.
Administrator
Administrator
BTW, here is with the latest amendment:

PROVISIONAL GOVERNMENT
Delegation:

SECTION 5: A grant of 50 million dollars shall be given to each State Governor. This grant may be used only for strengthening the Law Enforcement of each state.
SECTION 8: All forms of Abortion shall be illegal in this Nation.
Sub-SECTION A: Abortion shall be defined as: any interference in a pregnancy to destroy or "prevent" pregnancy.
Sub-SECTION B: Abortion shall be punished in the same way murder is punished. This shall be according to the laws in place in the several states.
Sub-SECTION C: Any laws about abortion which are contrary to this bill are hereby repealed.
SECTION 9: This bill shall go into effect 2 days after passage.

11Primary Committee Empty Re: Primary Committee on Thu Aug 02, 2012 4:24 pm

gmx0

gmx0
High Moderator
High Moderator
sky-opera wrote:

I accept that as a motion, and also second it to get this bill to the voting. Also I second the original amendment.

Umm, aren't committees not bound by Parliamentary procedures?

12Primary Committee Empty Re: Primary Committee on Thu Aug 02, 2012 8:33 pm

sky-opera

sky-opera
gmx0 wrote:
sky-opera wrote:

Umm, aren't committees not bound by Parliamentary procedures?

I suppose we are and can therefore come to a vote immediately. Embarassed
Still learning this, guys. Razz Rolling Eyes Smile

Therefore I call this latest amended resolution to a vote. All in favor say aye, all opposed
say no.

13Primary Committee Empty Re: Primary Committee on Thu Aug 02, 2012 9:36 pm

Christopher S.

Christopher S.
Administrator
Administrator
Aye.

14Primary Committee Empty Re: Primary Committee on Sat Aug 04, 2012 10:08 am

Christopher S.

Christopher S.
Administrator
Administrator
May we bring it to the floor now?

15Primary Committee Empty Re: Primary Committee on Sat Aug 04, 2012 12:28 pm

sky-opera

sky-opera
Christopher S. wrote:May we bring it to the floor now?

We are in committee and were therefore voting on it already. Do you want
to debate it some more before the vote?

Or are we only allowed to vote on it when its been brought to the floor?

________________________________________________________________________________

If we need it on the floor to vote for it. I hereby, call this bill to the floor and all in favor say aye all opposed say no.

If there is a need for debate, that can take place in committee or out so let me know and I'll hold the vote.

If I need to bring it to the floor so I can vote. I will, if that's how it works.

Last edited by sky-opera on Sat Aug 04, 2012 12:31 pm; edited 1 time in total

16Primary Committee Empty Re: Primary Committee on Sat Aug 04, 2012 12:30 pm

Christopher S.

Christopher S.
Administrator
Administrator
Non. I mean take it out of committee to the floor of the House.

17Primary Committee Empty Re: Primary Committee on Sat Aug 04, 2012 12:32 pm

sky-opera

sky-opera
Christopher S. wrote:Non. I mean take it out of committee to the floor of the House.

For a vote or debate?

18Primary Committee Empty Re: Primary Committee on Sat Aug 04, 2012 12:32 pm

Christopher S.

Christopher S.
Administrator
Administrator
Vote-eth.

19Primary Committee Empty Re: Primary Committee on Sat Aug 04, 2012 12:35 pm

sky-opera

sky-opera
Alright assuming voting cannot take place in committee,
I call this bill, H.R. 2 to a vote on the floor.

All in favor say aye, all opposed say no.

20Primary Committee Empty Re: Primary Committee on Sat Aug 04, 2012 12:37 pm

Christopher S.

Christopher S.
Administrator
Administrator
I 'vish dat vas possible, but ve cannut call a vote for the floor of the House in a Committee chamber. So, ve must go to de floor of ProvGov and den call for de vote dere.

21Primary Committee Empty Re: Primary Committee on Sat Aug 04, 2012 12:50 pm

sky-opera

sky-opera
Christopher S. wrote:I 'vish dat vas possible, but ve cannut call a vote for the floor of the House in a Committee chamber. So, ve must go to de floor of ProvGov and den call for de vote dere.

Zank du for dat zunique egsplanation. Smile It cleared everyzing up.

Btw Sam I believe is in Chicago now, so I might just go ahead and vote and keep moving on.

He may not make it to the call on Monday because he's coming back then, but he might also.
Zo ve vill see!

I vote aye.

22Primary Committee Empty Re: Primary Committee on Mon Aug 06, 2012 6:02 pm

gmx0

gmx0
High Moderator
High Moderator
aye?

23Primary Committee Empty Re: Primary Committee on Tue Aug 07, 2012 2:31 pm

sky-opera

sky-opera
gmx0 wrote:aye?

My Sincere Apologies that it took me so long for this to dawn on me! I was not reading very closely! Surprised

I will call this to a vote in the Mock Government floor.

24Primary Committee Empty Re: Primary Committee on Tue Aug 07, 2012 2:47 pm

sky-opera

sky-opera
Here is H.R. 3 I am the author so if you have any thoughts or questions please post them!

AMERICAN PROVISIONAL GOVERNMENT
Principal Author: Representative Sky-Opera
Bill No: H.R. 3
Delegation:
Title of Bill: An Act to Reduce Food Shortages and Prices
BE IT ENACTED BY THE AMERICAN PROVISIONAL GOVERNMENT

Preamble: The American economy is currently facing food shortages due to the increase in food prices and the current lawlessness that has destroyed cultural structure. Therefore as there are very few businesses that are able to produce food the government do what it does best in establishing order and making it safe while staying out of the way of free enterprise.

Section 1: The government will hire a media source at low expense to the tax payer to publicize the need and potential for the industries and farming for food production to grow and expand for the good of everyone involved. And also it will inform the people that using a bartering system is perfectly fit for the times and will promote the free-er exchange of needed goods to everyone’s mutual benefit.

Section 2: Then the government will remove all taxes on food produced in the nation; however it may tax imported food goods, for the time being in order to promote internal national growth. This will reduce the price of food.

Section 3: To protect fragile industries and the public peace it will require that mass produced food meet FDA standards to prevent revenge rioting etc.

Section 4: The government will start selling some government lands cheaply to help boost the farming industry by providing legitimate incintives.

Section 5: This bill shall be in effect 2 days after passage.

25Primary Committee Empty Re: Primary Committee on Tue Aug 07, 2012 7:00 pm

Christopher S.

Christopher S.
Administrator
Administrator
sky-opera wrote:Here is H.R. 3 I am the author so if you have any thoughts or questions please post them!

AMERICAN PROVISIONAL GOVERNMENT
Principal Author: Representative Sky-Opera
Bill No: H.R. 3
Delegation:
Title of Bill: An Act to Reduce Food Shortages and Prices
BE IT ENACTED BY THE AMERICAN PROVISIONAL GOVERNMENT

Preamble: The American economy is currently facing food shortages due to the increase in food prices and the current lawlessness that has destroyed cultural structure. Therefore as there are very few businesses that are able to produce food the government do what it does best in establishing order and making it safe while staying out of the way of free enterprise.

Section 1: The government will hire a media source at low expense to the tax payer to publicize the need and potential for the industries and farming for food production to grow and expand for the good of everyone involved. And also it will inform the people that using a bartering system is perfectly fit for the times and will promote the free-er exchange of needed goods to everyone’s mutual benefit.

Section 2: Then the government will remove all taxes on food produced in the nation; however it may tax imported food goods, for the time being in order to promote internal national growth. This will reduce the price of food.

Section 3: To protect fragile industries and the public peace it will require that mass produced food meet FDA standards to prevent revenge rioting etc.

Section 4: The government will start selling some government lands cheaply to help boost the farming industry by providing legitimate incintives.

Section 5: This bill shall be in effect 2 days after passage.

I completely agree with everything in this bill. I would add one thing: the setting up of a committee which shall receive applications from oil companies that wish to set up pipelines and oil wells on public lands. Then the committee will be allowed to giveout permits for the oil companies to rent land (for cheap) from ProvGov in order to set up the wells and pipelines. This will help expand our economy and make us less dependent on foreign nations for our energy.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum