The American Republic

A mock government site designed to give political fanatics, not-so-fanatical-but-politically-knowledgeable, and politically interested people a place to learn about government and experience it firsthand (well, sort of).


You are not connected. Please login or register

ProvGov Senate

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

26ProvGov Senate - Page 2 Empty Re: ProvGov Senate on Wed Aug 22, 2012 12:31 pm

Persia

Persia
Squire
Squire
The Senator has proposed an amendment. Would anyone like to speak on or debate the proposed amendment to this bill before we bring it up for a vote?

http://idiotsguidetocourtship.blogspot.com/

27ProvGov Senate - Page 2 Empty Re: ProvGov Senate on Thu Aug 23, 2012 10:03 pm

sky-opera

sky-opera
Moderator
Moderator
AMERICAN PROVISIONAL GOVERNMENT
Committee:
Principal Author: Senator Christopher S.
Bill No: S. 1
Delegation:
Title of Bill: An Act to Strengthen National Sovereignty

BE IT ENACTED BY THE AMERICAN PROVISIONAL GOVERNMENT

Preamble: Whereas H.R.2 was passed and our military has begun to restore order to our nation, and our own military, along with our law enforcement officers, shall be able to deal with the current violence, and since we no longer need the help of the United Nations' Peacekeepers,
SECTION1: This bill may be called the, "American Sovereignty Act".
SECTION 2: The United States' Representative to the United Nations shall ask the United Nations to not send Peacekeepers to our nation. He shall show them how the violence is slowing and our forces are strong enough to bring back order and peace. However, he shall let the United Nations know that if the violence on our borders gets out of control, we shall ask for the aid of Peacekeepers.
SECTION 3: Smuggling drugs into the United States of America shall be considered treason against the United States and shall be punished accordingly. Aiding, or being a member of, a drug cartel, shall also be considered treason against the United States.
Sub-SECTION 1: The Military shall have the power to enforce this law.
Sub-SECTION 2: The Military shall have the power to bring criminals to trial at the proper Federal court who are suspected of or caught-
A) Smuggling drugs into the United States, or
B) Aiding or being a member of a drug cartel.
SECTION 4: Aiding or being a member of any anarchic organization, or any organization that violently defies the laws and sovereignty of the United States, shall be considered treason. The State Governors shall have the power to enforce this law and ask the Federal Military for assistance.
SECTION 5: All traffic between the U.S.-Mexican border shall be declared illegal. The punishment for crossing the border shall be:
Sub-SECTION 1: Instant deportment for the first offence,
Sub-SECTION 2: Fifteen years in Federal Prison for the subsequent offences.

I do not think that illegals should be held in American prisons; because the prisons are already over-crowded, and it already costs the citizens money to apprehend these criminals and then to house them and provide for them in our prisons is a further watershed of the public's money. I suggest that we build a physical and technology wall in addition to the 30 thousand troops on the border, this will keep them from entering in at all, at least to 90%. I also dislike having to pay for deportations. However, a solution for that is yet to be seen. We can also provide for (if we haven't already) punishing anyone hiring illegal workers etc.
SECTION 6: Thirty thousand military soldiers shall be sent to the U.S.-Mexican border in order to secure the border.
SECTION 7: All U.S. troops, including the Army, Navy, Marines, and Air Force, shall be evacuated from all foreign bases and posts. These bases shall be sold to the nations in which they reside. These soldiers shall be used to help quell the violence in our nation.
SECTION 8: With the money gained from the selling of foreign bases, a semi-private watchdog organization shall be set up. This organization shall:
Sub-SECTION 1: Investigate the corruption of government officials,
Sub-SECTION 2: Report their findings both to the Congress and to the State Governors.
The State Governors shall use these findings to convict and impeach these corrupt officials according to the laws of the several States.

In addition here, I think this watchdog organization should be temporary. If it is permanent it is just another form of bureaucracy to turn corrupt; and it takes more of the responsibility away from the American citizen and that's what's wrong with the government and society today.
SECTION 9: In order to discern the further needs of our military and how long the writ of Habeus Corpus needs to be suspended, two of our top Generals shall be called to speak before the House of Representatives and answer questions from Congressmen. They shall be called up three days after this bill is passed and shall remain in the House of Representatives until released by the House.
SECTION 10: This bill shall go into effect two days after passage.

Therefore, I propose the above be amended.

28ProvGov Senate - Page 2 Empty Re: ProvGov Senate on Thu Aug 23, 2012 11:08 pm

Christopher S.

Christopher S.
Administrator
Administrator
sky-opera wrote:I do not think that illegals should be held in American prisons; because the prisons are already over-crowded, and it already costs the citizens money to apprehend these criminals and then to house them and provide for them in our prisons is a further watershed of the public's money. I suggest that we build a physical and technology wall in addition to the 30 thousand troops on the border, this will keep them from entering in at all, at least to 90%. I also dislike having to pay for deportations. However, a solution for that is yet to be seen. We can also provide for (if we haven't already) punishing anyone hiring illegal workers etc.

To the honorable Senator from Texas, I ask, where will we get the money to fund the fence on our borders which you are proposing? That would be the best choice, if we had the money. Since we absolutely do not have the money (unless we wish to tax our poor citizens to death), I see four options:

1) Continually deport illegals until they stop coming here,
2) Put repeat offenders in prison,
3) Flog repeat offenders then deport them,
4) Gun down anyone who crosses the border.

The last two options are too harsh to even consider, and the first option will not stop people from repeat offenses. So, I went with the second option. If you could find a way to get the money for constructing a wall, I would go ahead with your plan. 'Till then, I will stick with option two.

In addition here, I think this watchdog organization should be temporary. If it is permanent it is just another form of bureaucracy to turn corrupt; and it takes more of the responsibility away from the American citizen and that's what's wrong with the government and society today.

It will be taken out once we believe that it is no longer necessary. It is not permanent.

Aside from that, I do not believe that making everything more dependent upon the American Citizen than it is now, will help out. At this point, who has the time to dedicate to educating themselves upon political matters when they don't even know where their next paycheck is coming from?

Besides, we were elected so that we could deal with educating ourselves and making difficult decisions for them. That is what representative government means. If it is otherwise, we should give up our offices and hand all power over to the People directly instead of working as their representatives.


Now, I ask that we bring this to vote as soon as possible. This way we can deal with the United Nations before anything happens.

http://mockgovamerica.forumotion.com

29ProvGov Senate - Page 2 Empty Re: ProvGov Senate on Fri Aug 24, 2012 5:59 am

gmx0

gmx0
High Moderator
High Moderator
Guys, I will be gone for the day, and so I can't handle the NRC votes.

But don't hesitate to use the Mock Government Objectifier! I really need to see if you guys can handle it, its simple.

http://www.neogenerationgames.webs.com

30ProvGov Senate - Page 2 Empty Re: ProvGov Senate on Sat Aug 25, 2012 9:34 am

gmx0

gmx0
High Moderator
High Moderator
gmx0 wrote:Guys, I will be gone for the day, and so I can't handle the NRC votes.

But don't hesitate to use the Mock Government Objectifier! I really need to see if you guys can handle it, its simple.
This is a hint, btw. Wink

http://www.neogenerationgames.webs.com

31ProvGov Senate - Page 2 Empty Re: ProvGov Senate on Sun Aug 26, 2012 4:07 pm

sky-opera

sky-opera
Moderator
Moderator
Madam President, my thoughts are in orange.

Christopher S. wrote:
sky-opera wrote:I do not think that illegals should be held in American prisons; because the prisons are already over-crowded, and it already costs the citizens money to apprehend these criminals and then to house them and provide for them in our prisons is a further watershed of the public's money. I suggest that we build a physical and technology wall in addition to the 30 thousand troops on the border, this will keep them from entering in at all, at least to 90%. I also dislike having to pay for deportations. However, a solution for that is yet to be seen. We can also provide for (if we haven't already) punishing anyone hiring illegal workers etc.

To the honorable Senator from Texas, I ask, where will we get the money to fund the fence on our borders which you are proposing? That would be the best choice, if we had the money. Since we absolutely do not have the money (unless we wish to tax our poor citizens to death), I see four options:

1) Continually deport illegals until they stop coming here, Your point is taken with regards to the money, but at least with the troops on the border we can continually eliminate the threat. So yes, this should be one method used.
2) Put repeat offenders in prison, I would imagine in this catastrophic time in 2014 which is our background, that there have been jailbreaks etc. So with the weakening of all our institutions putting foreigners in our prisons would only complicate things and certainly would not be justifiable financially either; unless perhaps they are given bread and water with no amenities.
3) Flog repeat offenders then deport them, This sounds perhaps to complicated however it may be affective.
4) Gun down anyone who crosses the border.What is the difference between this and someone shooting a trespasser or robber on their property? It is legal to shoot someone trespassing on your property, at least in Texas. If you think about it; its not like other countries wouldn't treat an American illegally crossing the border in the same way. I have doubt that China would be too friendly to illegal entrants. Granted I'm not saying as the leader of the free world we follow everyone else's examples but I do say we stand up for what is ours deliver justice. So we determine the punishment for a crime and stick to what we say.
Tourists still visit Mexico; therefore it is not a completely unsafe country etc. As a country instead of running away they should stay and fight for their country.
Finally, allowing them to cross brings more threats of disease, lawlessness and political and lingual disunity to country that desperately needs it.


The last two options are too harsh to even consider, and the first option will not stop people from repeat offenses. So, I went with the second option. If you could find a way to get the money for constructing a wall, I would go ahead with your plan. 'Till then, I will stick with option two.

In addition here, I think this watchdog organization should be temporary. If it is permanent it is just another form of bureaucracy to turn corrupt; and it takes more of the responsibility away from the American citizen and that's what's wrong with the government and society today.

It will be taken out once we believe that it is no longer necessary. It is not permanent.

Aside from that, I do not believe that making everything more dependent upon the American Citizen than it is now, will help out. At this point, who has the time to dedicate to educating themselves upon political matters when they don't even know where their next paycheck is coming from?

Besides, we were elected so that we could deal with educating ourselves and making difficult decisions for them. That is what representative government means. If it is otherwise, we should give up our offices and hand all power over to the People directly instead of working as their representatives.
Points are taken here.


Now, I ask that we bring this to vote as soon as possible. This way we can deal with the United Nations before anything happens.

32ProvGov Senate - Page 2 Empty Re: ProvGov Senate on Sun Aug 26, 2012 4:10 pm

sky-opera

sky-opera
Moderator
Moderator
gmx0 wrote:
gmx0 wrote:Guys, I will be gone for the day, and so I can't handle the NRC votes.

But don't hesitate to use the Mock Government Objectifier! I really need to see if you guys can handle it, its simple.
This is a hint, btw. Wink

To be honest I don't know how to use it, but maybe someone on here can figure it out I'll have to go back and look at the link.

33ProvGov Senate - Page 2 Empty Re: ProvGov Senate on Sun Aug 26, 2012 10:15 pm

Christopher S.

Christopher S.
Administrator
Administrator
sky-opera wrote:Your point is taken with regards to the money, but at least with the troops on the border we can continually eliminate the threat. So yes, this should be one method used.

Madam President, if we send people back to Mexico, they will just keep coming back. That is not only a waste of money, it is also a waste of manpower.

I would imagine in this catastrophic time in 2014 which is our background, that there have been jailbreaks etc. So with the weakening of all our institutions putting foreigners in our prisons would only complicate things and certainly would not be justifiable financially either; unless perhaps they are given bread and water with no amenities.

Well, if we pack prisoners in cells like cord-wood, give them bread for food, some water, a bucket for a toilet, no entertainment and moderate labor indoors, we can easily pay for this and make prisoners never want to come back. Furthermore, we can send prisoners to maximum security prisons instead of moderate or minimum security.

This (flogging) sounds perhaps to complicated however it may be affective.

If all Congressmen and citizens were staunch conservatives, sure. However, many are not, so that would NEVER pass.


4) Gun down anyone who crosses the border.
What is the difference between this and someone shooting a trespasser or robber on their property? It is legal to shoot someone trespassing on your property, at least in Texas. If you think about it; its not like other countries wouldn't treat an American illegally crossing the border in the same way. I have doubt that China would be too friendly to illegal entrants. Granted I'm not saying as the leader of the free world we follow everyone else's examples but I do say we stand up for what is ours deliver justice. So we determine the punishment for a crime and stick to what we say.
Tourists still visit Mexico; therefore it is not a completely unsafe country etc. As a country instead of running away they should stay and fight for their country.
Finally, allowing them to cross brings more threats of disease, lawlessness and political and lingual disunity to country that desperately needs it.


Again, it would never pass the House.

http://mockgovamerica.forumotion.com

34ProvGov Senate - Page 2 Empty Re: ProvGov Senate on Sun Aug 26, 2012 10:27 pm

sky-opera

sky-opera
Moderator
Moderator
Madam President,

I would still like to ask regardless of it passing perhaps this would help, but still, isn't that the same argument?
If you shoot at the border isn't that sort of like on your own property?
Or is it different because it screws with diplomacy or something?
Personally, Mexico has already screwed diplomacy by not dealing with their own issues.

35ProvGov Senate - Page 2 Empty Re: ProvGov Senate on Sun Aug 26, 2012 10:32 pm

Christopher S.

Christopher S.
Administrator
Administrator
sky-opera wrote:Madam President,

I would still like to ask regardless of it passing perhaps this would help, but still, isn't that the same argument?
If you shoot at the border isn't that sort of like on your own property?
Or is it different because it screws with diplomacy or something?
Personally, Mexico has already screwed diplomacy by not dealing with their own issues.

Madam President, here are the issues:
1) The House would never pass it.
2) The People would never like it.
3) The UN would get angry.
4) Mexico would be especially angry.
5) The House would never pass it...

http://mockgovamerica.forumotion.com

36ProvGov Senate - Page 2 Empty Re: ProvGov Senate on Mon Aug 27, 2012 2:18 pm

Persia

Persia
Squire
Squire
I see valid points on both sides of this argument.. are you still discussing the amendment, or the bill itself? And are you ready to vote on the amendment, or would you like to continue discussing?

http://idiotsguidetocourtship.blogspot.com/

37ProvGov Senate - Page 2 Empty Re: ProvGov Senate on Mon Aug 27, 2012 2:51 pm

Christopher S.

Christopher S.
Administrator
Administrator
Persia wrote:I see valid points on both sides of this argument.. are you still discussing the amendment, or the bill itself? And are you ready to vote on the amendment, or would you like to continue discussing?
The amendment to the bill, which is as follows:

AMERICAN PROVISIONAL GOVERNMENT
Committee:
Principal Author: Senator Christopher S.
Bill No: S. 1
Delegation:
Title of Bill: An Act to Strengthen National Sovereignty

BE IT ENACTED BY THE AMERICAN PROVISIONAL GOVERNMENT

Preamble: Whereas H.R.2 was passed and our military has begun to restore order to our nation, and our own military, along with our law enforcement officers, shall be able to deal with the current violence, and since we no longer need the help of the United Nations' Peacekeepers,
SECTION1: This bill may be called the, "American Sovereignty Act".
SECTION 2: The United States' Representative to the United Nations shall ask the United Nations to not send Peacekeepers to our nation. He shall show them how the violence is slowing and our forces are strong enough to bring back order and peace. However, he shall let the United Nations know that if the violence on our borders gets out of control, we shall ask for the aid of Peacekeepers.
SECTION 3: Smuggling drugs into the United States of America shall be considered treason against the United States and shall be punished accordingly. Aiding, or being a member of, a drug cartel, shall also be considered treason against the United States.
Sub-SECTION 1: The Military shall have the power to enforce this law.
Sub-SECTION 2: The Military shall have the power to bring criminals to trial at the proper Federal court who are suspected of or caught-
A) Smuggling drugs into the United States, or
B) Aiding or being a member of a drug cartel.
SECTION 4: Aiding or being a member of any anarchic organization, or any organization that violently defies the laws and sovereignty of the United States, shall be considered treason. The State Governors shall have the power to enforce this law and ask the Federal Military for assistance.
SECTION 5: All traffic between the U.S.-Mexican border shall be declared illegal. The punishment for crossing the border shall be:
Sub-SECTION 1: Instant deportment for the first offence,
Sub-SECTION 2: Fifteen years in Federal Prison for the subsequent offences.
SECTION 6: Thirty thousand military soldiers shall be sent to the U.S.-Mexican border in order to secure the border.
SECTION 7: All U.S. troops, including the Army, Navy, Marines, and Air Force, shall be evacuated from all foreign bases and posts. These bases shall be sold to the nations in which they reside. These soldiers shall be used to help quell the violence in our nation.
SECTION 8: With the money gained from the selling of foreign bases, a semi-private watchdog organization shall be set up. This organization shall:
Sub-SECTION 1: Investigate the corruption of government officials,
Sub-SECTION 2: Report their findings both to the Congress and to the State Governors.
The State Governors shall use these findings to convict and impeach these corrupt officials according to the laws of the several States.
SECTION 9: In order to discern the further needs of our military and how long the writ of Habeus Corpus needs to be suspended, two of our top Generals shall be called to speak before the House of Representatives and answer questions from Congressmen. They shall be called up three days after this bill is passed and shall remain in the House of Representatives until released by the House.
SECTION 10: This bill shall go into effect two days after passage.

I am ready to vote on the above.

http://mockgovamerica.forumotion.com

38ProvGov Senate - Page 2 Empty Re: ProvGov Senate on Mon Aug 27, 2012 3:49 pm

Persia

Persia
Squire
Squire
Okay, thank you Senator Christopher. As I understand it, my role isn't necessarily to take a side on this bill and vote, but to keep things moving, correct?
If such is the case, I would like to ask if there are any further remarks before we vote on this amendment.

http://idiotsguidetocourtship.blogspot.com/

39ProvGov Senate - Page 2 Empty Re: ProvGov Senate on Mon Aug 27, 2012 6:21 pm

gmx0

gmx0
High Moderator
High Moderator
sky-opera wrote:
gmx0 wrote:
gmx0 wrote:Guys, I will be gone for the day, and so I can't handle the NRC votes.

But don't hesitate to use the Mock Government Objectifier! I really need to see if you guys can handle it, its simple.
This is a hint, btw. Wink

To be honest I don't know how to use it, but maybe someone on here can figure it out I'll have to go back and look at the link.
Download it. *nods* It will ask you questions. Answer them. Then you get a vote count. Simple.

http://www.neogenerationgames.webs.com

40ProvGov Senate - Page 2 Empty Re: ProvGov Senate on Mon Aug 27, 2012 6:30 pm

sky-opera

sky-opera
Moderator
Moderator
gmx0 wrote:
sky-opera wrote:
gmx0 wrote:
gmx0 wrote:Guys, I will be gone for the day, and so I can't handle the NRC votes.

But don't hesitate to use the Mock Government Objectifier! I really need to see if you guys can handle it, its simple.
This is a hint, btw. Wink

To be honest I don't know how to use it, but maybe someone on here can figure it out I'll have to go back and look at the link.
Download it. *nods* It will ask you questions. Answer them. Then you get a vote count. Simple.

Thank you. I'll find the link on here and let you know if I can't find it, and I'll test it. Smile

Yes, Madam President I am ready to vote. And as far as I understand yes, your main job is to keep things moving, but if there is a tie etc. or even if you just want to you can vote on the issue, because of the gravity of your position.

41ProvGov Senate - Page 2 Empty Re: ProvGov Senate on Wed Aug 29, 2012 2:10 pm

Persia

Persia
Squire
Squire
Thank you, Senator Sky.

At this time I would like to bring the proposed amendment to H.R.2. up to vote.

http://idiotsguidetocourtship.blogspot.com/

42ProvGov Senate - Page 2 Empty Re: ProvGov Senate on Wed Aug 29, 2012 9:41 pm

sky-opera

sky-opera
Moderator
Moderator
I vote Aye.

43ProvGov Senate - Page 2 Empty Re: ProvGov Senate on Wed Aug 29, 2012 10:31 pm

Christopher S.

Christopher S.
Administrator
Administrator
Persia wrote:Thank you, Senator Sky.

At this time I would like to bring the proposed amendment to H.R.2. up to vote.
*Actually, it would be S.1, not H.R.2. Wink *

Aye.

http://mockgovamerica.forumotion.com

44ProvGov Senate - Page 2 Empty Re: ProvGov Senate on Fri Aug 31, 2012 7:57 pm

gmx0

gmx0
High Moderator
High Moderator
Aye!

http://www.neogenerationgames.webs.com

45ProvGov Senate - Page 2 Empty Re: ProvGov Senate on Mon Sep 03, 2012 4:38 pm

Persia

Persia
Squire
Squire
This amendment has passed.

The Senate bill is now up for vote.

http://idiotsguidetocourtship.blogspot.com/

46ProvGov Senate - Page 2 Empty Re: ProvGov Senate on Mon Sep 03, 2012 4:53 pm

gmx0

gmx0
High Moderator
High Moderator
Aye!

http://www.neogenerationgames.webs.com

47ProvGov Senate - Page 2 Empty Re: ProvGov Senate on Mon Sep 03, 2012 4:53 pm

sky-opera

sky-opera
Moderator
Moderator
Aye.

48ProvGov Senate - Page 2 Empty Re: ProvGov Senate on Mon Sep 03, 2012 6:01 pm

Christopher S.

Christopher S.
Administrator
Administrator
Aye.

http://mockgovamerica.forumotion.com

49ProvGov Senate - Page 2 Empty Re: ProvGov Senate on Wed Sep 05, 2012 3:16 pm

Persia

Persia
Squire
Squire
The vote is unanimous. This bill passes.

Very Happy

http://idiotsguidetocourtship.blogspot.com/

50ProvGov Senate - Page 2 Empty Re: ProvGov Senate on Wed Sep 05, 2012 9:28 pm

sky-opera

sky-opera
Moderator
Moderator
Three cheers for the Senate! Very Happy cheers

Sponsored content


Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum