The American Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The American Republic

A mock government site designed to give political fanatics, not-so-fanatical-but-politically-knowledgeable, and politically interested people a place to learn about government and experience it firsthand (well, sort of).

You are not connected. Please login or register

Headstart on Party Making

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Headstart on Party Making Empty Headstart on Party Making Thu Jul 26, 2012 2:23 pm

Christopher S.

Christopher S.
Administrator
Administrator

Hello to you all.

I have been thinking a lot about the Mock Government that will be put in place once the Constitution is complete. As I was thinking, I decided that whoever is able to get their party up-and-going first, with their platforms written down and the party apparatus set up, they will be ready to move in and take the plurality of Congressional seats in the first election.
To put it simply, the first party will have a huge headstart and will probably be the most powerful party from the beginning.

I have just begun to form my own party (as some of you know). However, I want to let you all know that you may begin to craft your own future parties.

Here are some tips for crafting your party:

1) Get like-minded people to help you found your party. These people will be the core of your party later. Also, they can help you make your platform, logo, come up with a name, etc.

2) Come up with a good name for the party. The name can be catchy, but it definitely should accurately describe your party.

3) Come up with a logo to go with the name. People should be able to see your logo and say, "Hey, that's the (name of party), and they stand for (party platform)!"

4) Decide what "wing" your party will be a part of (right-wing, left-wing, center, center-right, etc.). The definitions of the different "wings" are rather subjective (Libertarians and staunch traditional Monarchists are both considered right-wing, and the Democrat Party is sometimes called a left-wing party and sometimes a center-left wing party). If you are unsure of what "wing" your party will be a part of, send me the basic beliefs and ideas of your party, and I'll tell you what wing I think it is a part of (for Matt, I do agree that a party with your ideas would be Centrist, not Leftist).

4) Write the platform for your Party. Having never written a platform, I can only give you some tips from the little information I know. The Platform should tell potential members and voters where your party stands on important issues such as Defense, Healthcare, Welfare, Education, Labor, Marriage, Abortion, 2nd Amendment rights, taxes, etc.

5) Fill out the Party Registration form in the Party Registration thread.

At this moment in the ProvGov, there are only two parties you can join: the Republican and Democrat parties. No other parties will be official until the Mock Constitution is finished.

If you have any questions about the above, PM me and I'll answer them.

God Bless.

https://mockgovamerica.forumotion.com

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum