The American Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The American Republic

A mock government site designed to give political fanatics, not-so-fanatical-but-politically-knowledgeable, and politically interested people a place to learn about government and experience it firsthand (well, sort of).

You are not connected. Please login or register

Primary Committee

3 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

26Primary Committee - Page 2 Empty Re: Primary Committee Tue Aug 07, 2012 7:43 pm

sky-opera

sky-opera

Okay good thought.
Even though, its not food we might as well wrap that into this bill and make it simpler overall.

AMERICAN PROVISIONAL GOVERNMENT
Committee: Primary Committee
Principal Author: Representative Sky-Opera
Bill No: H.R. 3
Delegation:
Title of Bill: An Act to Reduce Food Shortages and Prices
BE IT ENACTED BY THE AMERICAN PROVISIONAL GOVERNMENT

Preamble: The American economy is currently facing food shortages due to the increase in food prices and the current lawlessness that has destroyed cultural structure. Therefore as there are very few businesses that are able to produce food the government do what it does best in establishing order and making it safe while staying out of the way of free enterprise.

Section 1: The government will hire a media source at low expense to the tax payer to publicize the need and potential for the industries and farming for food production to grow and expand for the good of everyone involved. And also it will inform the people that using a bartering system is perfectly fit for the times and will promote the free-er exchange of needed goods to everyone’s mutual benefit.

Section 2: Then the government will remove all taxes on food produced in the nation; however it may tax imported food goods, for the time being in order to promote internal national growth. This will reduce the price of food.

Section 3: To protect fragile industries and the public peace it will require that mass produced food meet FDA standards to prevent revenge rioting etc.

Section 4: The government will start selling some government lands cheaply to help boost the farming industry by providing legitimate incentives.

Section 5: The government will establish a temporary committee that will see to the efficient distribution of renting permits for various forms of harvesting natural energy for the private and nationally owned companies. No foreign companies will be allowed to harvest American resources, because that would allow for the opportunity of foreign competitors to put American oil etc. companies out of business. Therefore additionally, imported natural resources will be taxed like imported foods.

Section 6: This bill shall be in effect 2 days after passage.

It is now edited. Are there any more thoughts while this is still in committee?

Last edited by sky-opera on Wed Aug 08, 2012 2:56 pm; edited 1 time in total

27Primary Committee - Page 2 Empty Re: Primary Committee Wed Aug 08, 2012 11:00 am

Christopher S.

Christopher S.
Administrator
Administrator

I think it is good.

https://mockgovamerica.forumotion.com

28Primary Committee - Page 2 Empty Re: Primary Committee Wed Aug 08, 2012 2:51 pm

sky-opera

sky-opera

The proposed bill H.R. 3 is now going to the floor, if anyone has any additional thoughts post them here and I will bring it back.

29Primary Committee - Page 2 Empty Re: Primary Committee Thu Aug 09, 2012 8:17 pm

sky-opera

sky-opera

The following bill is now open for discussion for this committee:

AMERICAN PROVISIONAL GOVERNMENT
Committee: Primary Committee
Principal Author: Representative Samuel Garcia
Bill No: H.R. 4
Delegation:
Title of Bill: An Act to cut Budget Deficit
BE IT ENACTED BY THE AMERICAN PROVISIONAL GOVERNMENT

Preamble: Since our budget is now in deficit of $1.5 billion dollars due to HR 2, or "An Act to Restore Order", I propose the following:

Section 1: Any part or section of any future bill must not include any item that does not adhere to the original purpose or Preamble that will produce monetary loss will be struck out.

Section 2: An businesslike organization shall be created to invest remaining resources for profit directly for government.

Section 3: This bill shall be in effect 2 days after passage.

30Primary Committee - Page 2 Empty Re: Primary Committee Thu Aug 09, 2012 9:14 pm

Christopher S.

Christopher S.
Administrator
Administrator

I guess I will have to agree with it, otherwise we will gain a massive deficit.

31Primary Committee - Page 2 Empty Re: Primary Committee Fri Aug 10, 2012 11:03 am

sky-opera

sky-opera

I think it sounds good. If the government becomes a little mores self-sufficient that is beneficial.

I'll move this to a vote then if everyone is done.

32Primary Committee - Page 2 Empty Re: Primary Committee Fri Aug 10, 2012 3:06 pm

Christopher S.

Christopher S.
Administrator
Administrator

I'm done.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum