The American Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The American Republic

A mock government site designed to give political fanatics, not-so-fanatical-but-politically-knowledgeable, and politically interested people a place to learn about government and experience it firsthand (well, sort of).

You are not connected. Please login or register

ProvGov: a test Mock Government

5 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 5]

51ProvGov: a test Mock Government - Page 3 Empty Re: ProvGov: a test Mock Government Tue Aug 07, 2012 2:44 pm

sky-opera

sky-opera

I vote Aye and in the Committee Sam voted aye so I will

declare this bill H.R. 2 passed!

Also I will call H.R. 3 in the Primary Committee and out of the Clerks desk to be discussed.

52ProvGov: a test Mock Government - Page 3 Empty Re: ProvGov: a test Mock Government Tue Aug 07, 2012 2:47 pm

Christopher S.

Christopher S.
Administrator
Administrator

*out of character* Actually, Sam has to do his little test thingy to see how the NRCs will vote (remember, we four/five, or however many of us real people there are, are not the only congress-people). So, technically it has not passed 'til Sam declares what the votes were for the NRCs. *back in character*

https://mockgovamerica.forumotion.com

53ProvGov: a test Mock Government - Page 3 Empty Re: ProvGov: a test Mock Government Tue Aug 07, 2012 2:49 pm

sky-opera

sky-opera

Christopher S. wrote:*out of character* Actually, Sam has to do his little test thingy to see how the NRCs will vote (remember, we four/five, or however many of us real people there are, are not the only congress-people). So, technically it has not passed 'til Sam declares what the votes were for the NRCs. *back in character*

*out of character*
Well I stand corrected once again. Rolling Eyes Smile

Alright we will see, I sure hope they have sense enough to vote yes.

54ProvGov: a test Mock Government - Page 3 Empty Re: ProvGov: a test Mock Government Tue Aug 07, 2012 7:33 pm

gmx0

gmx0
High Moderator
High Moderator

I'll get on working at it!

Anyways, I had a bill, but I guess it can wait.

We first agreed to use this:
I. (fair-ish, but the election will be decided by much more of a random element)
Christopher (Montana) = 1 Representative and 1-2 Senator(s)
Sky Opera (Texas) = 2 Representative(s) and 1 Senator
Jon David (Texas) = 2 Representative(s) and 1 Senator
Sam (Ohio) = 1 Representative and 1-2 Senator(s)
Heather (Cali) = 1 Representative and 1-2 Senator(s)

So:
4 ayes currently

NRCs:
21 Texas Republicans
9 Texas Democrats
12 Ohio Republicans
5 Ohio Democrats
19 Californian Republicans
33 Californian Democrats

Total of 99 NRCs.

Random Number of Congressmen Present At Vote: all, to simplify

Factor in recent massacre.

20 Texas Republicans vote aye
4 Texas Democrats vote aye
11 Ohio Republicans vote aye
2 Ohio Democrats vote aye
16 Californian Republicans vote aye
6 Californian Democrats vote aye

59 ayes. Considering it was a voice vote, it should have passed.

(all other states nonexistent? Hmm.)

Well, I declare that it passes. Other controversial bills may require calculation, some not.

http://www.neogenerationgames.webs.com

55ProvGov: a test Mock Government - Page 3 Empty Re: ProvGov: a test Mock Government Tue Aug 07, 2012 7:48 pm

gmx0

gmx0
High Moderator
High Moderator

So the bill is passed due to factors:
1. Recent massacre factored in.
2. Republican and conservative control of Congress
3. Voice vote over non-controversial bill, instead of a stricter roll call vote or standing vote.

56ProvGov: a test Mock Government - Page 3 Empty Re: ProvGov: a test Mock Government Wed Aug 08, 2012 2:55 pm

sky-opera

sky-opera

Glad to see that the above passed! Cool

I am now calling the bill below (H.R.3) to the floor, and (*if I am allowed to move*) - I move that it be brought to a vote.
Is there a second?

AMERICAN PROVISIONAL GOVERNMENT
Committee: Primary Committee
Principal Author: Representative Sky-Opera
Bill No: H.R. 3
Delegation:
Title of Bill: An Act to Reduce Food Shortages and Prices
BE IT ENACTED BY THE AMERICAN PROVISIONAL GOVERNMENT

Preamble: The American economy is currently facing food shortages due to the increase in food prices and the current lawlessness that has destroyed cultural structure. Therefore as there are very few businesses that are able to produce food the government do what it does best in establishing order and making it safe while staying out of the way of free enterprise.

Section 1: The government will hire a media source at low expense to the tax payer to publicize the need and potential for the industries and farming for food production to grow and expand for the good of everyone involved. And also it will inform the people that using a bartering system is perfectly fit for the times and will promote the free-er exchange of needed goods to everyone’s mutual benefit.

Section 2: Then the government will remove all taxes on food produced in the nation; however it may tax imported food goods, for the time being in order to promote internal national growth. This will reduce the price of food.

Section 3: To protect fragile industries and the public peace it will require that mass produced food meet FDA standards to prevent revenge rioting etc.

Section 4: The government will start selling some government lands cheaply to help boost the farming industry by providing legitimate incentives.

Section 5: The government will establish a temporary committee that will see to the efficient distribution of renting permits for various forms of harvesting natural energy for the private and nationally owned companies. No foreign companies will be allowed to harvest American resources, because that would allow for the opportunity of foreign competitors to put American oil etc. companies out of business. Therefore additionally, imported natural resources will be taxed like imported foods.

Section 6: This bill shall be in effect 2 days after passage.

57ProvGov: a test Mock Government - Page 3 Empty Re: ProvGov: a test Mock Government Wed Aug 08, 2012 3:00 pm

Christopher S.

Christopher S.
Administrator
Administrator

(technically you can bring it to a vote whenever you wish)
I second.

58ProvGov: a test Mock Government - Page 3 Empty Re: ProvGov: a test Mock Government Wed Aug 08, 2012 3:12 pm

sky-opera

sky-opera

Alright, Bill H.R. 3 is now called for a vote.

All in favor say aye, all opposed say no.

59ProvGov: a test Mock Government - Page 3 Empty Re: ProvGov: a test Mock Government Wed Aug 08, 2012 10:58 pm

Christopher S.

Christopher S.
Administrator
Administrator

Aye!

60ProvGov: a test Mock Government - Page 3 Empty Re: ProvGov: a test Mock Government Thu Aug 09, 2012 10:11 am

Cyrus Smith

Cyrus Smith
Knight
Knight

Aye.

61ProvGov: a test Mock Government - Page 3 Empty Re: ProvGov: a test Mock Government Thu Aug 09, 2012 7:53 pm

gmx0

gmx0
High Moderator
High Moderator

Aye!

62ProvGov: a test Mock Government - Page 3 Empty Re: ProvGov: a test Mock Government Thu Aug 09, 2012 8:13 pm

sky-opera

sky-opera

Aye.

Hearing four ayes only, the ayes have it. The Bill H.R. 3 is passed as long as we still get a majority after the NRC's vote.

63ProvGov: a test Mock Government - Page 3 Empty Re: ProvGov: a test Mock Government Fri Aug 10, 2012 4:28 pm

gmx0

gmx0
High Moderator
High Moderator

sky-opera wrote:Aye.

Hearing four ayes only, the ayes have it. The Bill H.R. 3 is passed as long as we still get a majority after the NRC's vote.
Working on it.

But Christopher told me to post the budget, so here it is: -$ 1.5 billion.

Which brings me to a thing I haven't thought of, the taxes! XD

64ProvGov: a test Mock Government - Page 3 Empty Re: ProvGov: a test Mock Government Fri Aug 10, 2012 5:24 pm

gmx0

gmx0
High Moderator
High Moderator

Here is the prototype for the Mock Government "Objectifier"! :
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Its not finished, yet, but it should work for now. It will have more factors and stuff.

According to it....
Ayes 57
Nays 36

A file is generated when voting is finished.

Also, any inquiry about the program should be made at its thread or by PM.

65ProvGov: a test Mock Government - Page 3 Empty Re: ProvGov: a test Mock Government Sat Aug 11, 2012 4:00 pm

sky-opera

sky-opera

Btw Sam, I cannot see that link you posted above. It says admins only is that why?
Aren't we all supposed to see it?

Here is the next bill from committee that we are voting on:

AMERICAN PROVISIONAL GOVERNMENT
Committee: Primary Committee
Principal Author: Representative Samuel Garcia
Bill No: H.R. 4
Delegation:
Title of Bill: An Act to cut Budget Deficit
BE IT ENACTED BY THE AMERICAN PROVISIONAL GOVERNMENT

Preamble: Since our budget is now in deficit of $1.5 billion dollars due to HR 2, or "An Act to Restore Order", I propose the following:

Section 1: Any part or section of any future bill must not include any item that does not adhere to the original purpose or Preamble that will produce monetary loss will be struck out.

Section 2: An businesslike organization shall be created to invest remaining resources for profit directly for government.

Section 3: This bill shall be in effect 2 days after passage.

66ProvGov: a test Mock Government - Page 3 Empty Re: ProvGov: a test Mock Government Sat Aug 11, 2012 6:05 pm

gmx0

gmx0
High Moderator
High Moderator

sky-opera wrote:Btw Sam, I cannot see that link you posted above. It says admins only is that why?
Hmm, I cant see your NASA links either! :/ That's not good.

67ProvGov: a test Mock Government - Page 3 Empty Re: ProvGov: a test Mock Government Sat Aug 11, 2012 8:44 pm

sky-opera

sky-opera

gmx0 wrote:
sky-opera wrote:Btw Sam, I cannot see that link you posted above. It says admins only is that why?
Hmm, I cant see your NASA links either! :/ That's not good.

Neutral No its not.

68ProvGov: a test Mock Government - Page 3 Empty Re: ProvGov: a test Mock Government Sun Aug 12, 2012 7:54 pm

Christopher S.

Christopher S.
Administrator
Administrator

I fixed it. If you have those issues again, let me know.

69ProvGov: a test Mock Government - Page 3 Empty Re: ProvGov: a test Mock Government Mon Aug 13, 2012 10:33 am

Christopher S.

Christopher S.
Administrator
Administrator

Madam Speaker, I move that a vote be called on H.R.4.

70ProvGov: a test Mock Government - Page 3 Empty Re: ProvGov: a test Mock Government Mon Aug 13, 2012 1:37 pm

sky-opera

sky-opera

Christopher S. wrote:Madam Speaker, I move that a vote be called on H.R.4.

I second the motion.

All in favor of Bill H.R. 4 say aye. All opposed say no.

71ProvGov: a test Mock Government - Page 3 Empty Re: ProvGov: a test Mock Government Mon Aug 13, 2012 4:05 pm

gmx0

gmx0
High Moderator
High Moderator

*I don't think we really are following House rules, as such, the non-committee NRCs may have some objections. And such. But I am assuming the Chair laid those aside, for now.

Aye

72ProvGov: a test Mock Government - Page 3 Empty Re: ProvGov: a test Mock Government Mon Aug 13, 2012 6:19 pm

Christopher S.

Christopher S.
Administrator
Administrator

Aye.

73ProvGov: a test Mock Government - Page 3 Empty Re: ProvGov: a test Mock Government Mon Aug 13, 2012 7:18 pm

sky-opera

sky-opera

gmx0 wrote:*I don't think we really are following House rules, as such, the non-committee NRCs may have some objections. And such. But I am assuming the Chair laid those aside, for now.

Aye

Actually I am not opposed to hearing from the NRC's, but since voting is already taking place you can factor their votes in, and we'll see what the outcome is.

I do want to follow the House rules. Is there something I'm missing?

Also honestly there is quite a few things to keep up with. scratch

My vote also is, Aye.

74ProvGov: a test Mock Government - Page 3 Empty Re: ProvGov: a test Mock Government Tue Aug 14, 2012 6:01 pm

gmx0

gmx0
High Moderator
High Moderator

sky-opera wrote:
gmx0 wrote:*I don't think we really are following House rules, as such, the non-committee NRCs may have some objections. And such. But I am assuming the Chair laid those aside, for now.

Aye

Actually I am not opposed to hearing from the NRC's, but since voting is already taking place you can factor their votes in, and we'll see what the outcome is.

Its like our Convention. We still have to debate it when it gets on the Floor.

75ProvGov: a test Mock Government - Page 3 Empty Re: ProvGov: a test Mock Government Tue Aug 14, 2012 6:53 pm

sky-opera

sky-opera

gmx0 wrote:
sky-opera wrote:

Aye

Its like our Convention. We still have to debate it when it gets on the Floor.

I am sorry; I didn't allow for debate.

If anyone has any thoughts, I will hold my previous concluding of the vote, until H.R. 4 has been debated.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum